|Feed the Future Innovation Lab for Food Security Policy: Tanzania Buy-In (ASPIRES)
Project Overview Top
Partner Projects in Tanzania
Feed the Future Sustainable Intensification Innovation Lab: Tanzania
Policy Briefs Top
- Methods for agrifood transformation research: Best practices in conducting processed food inventories. D. Tschirley, C. Ijumba, S. Liverpool-Tasie, G. Mosse, J. Massingue, J. Snyder. Tanzania Policy Research Brief #4. June 16, 2016.
- Stages of Transformation in Food Processing and Marketing: Results of an Initial Inventory of Processed Food Products in Dar es Salaam, Arusha, and Mwanza. Claire Ijumba, Jason Snyder, David Tschirley, Thomas Reardon. Tanzania Policy Research Brief #3. September 18, 2015.
- Local Response to the Rapid Rise in Demand for Processed and Perishable Foods: Results of an Inventory of Processed Food Products in Dar es Salaam. Jason Snyder, Claire Ijumba, David Tschirley, Thomas Reardon. Tanzania Policy Research Brief #2. May 8, 2015.
- Agricultural Produce Cess in Tanzania: Policy Options for Fiscal Reforms. Tanzania Policy Research Brief #1. October 2014.
Policy Presentations Top
- Access to agricultural land, youth migration and livelihoods in Tanzania. Ntengua Mdoe, Milu Muyanga, T.S. Jayne and Isaac Minde. 5th Conference of AAAE, Invited Panel Session 2. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. September 25, 2016.
- Is Small Still Beautiful? The Farm Size-Productivity Relationship Revisited. Milu Muyanga & T.S. Jayne. 5th International Conference of AAAE. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. September 25, 2016.
- Intra-Rural Migration in Tanzania and Pathways of Welfare Change. Ayala Wineman and Thomas S. Jayne. Agricultural & Applied Economics Association Annual Meeting. Boston, Massachusetts, July 31-August 2.
- 2nd Agricultural Policy Conference in Tanzania. Dar es Salaam. Feb 24, 2016.
- Smallholder maize-nitrogen response rates, soil fertility, and profitability of inorganic fertilizer use on maize in Tanzania. Presentation of GISAIA/Tanzania-funded research by David Mather, Isaac Minde, Betty Waized, Daniel Ndyetabula, and Anna Temu.
- Agricultural land dynamics and land policy in rural Tanzania. Milu Muyanga, Isaac Minde, David Nyange, Ntengua Mdoe, Charles Mgeni, Christopher G. Magomba, Judith V. Rejea, Ayala Wineman, T.S. Jayne.
- Agrifood System Transformation in East And Southern Africa: Implications For Tanzania. David Tschirley, Jason Snyder, Claire Ijumba, Thomas Reardon.
- The rise of processed foods in Africa: Evidence from three cities in Tanzania. David Tschirley, Tom Reardon, Jason Snyder, and Claire Ijumba. AAEA Pre-Conference on “Rapid Agrifood System Transformation, Globalization, and International Development.” San Francisco, CA. July 25, 2015.
- Agribusiness in Africa: Prospects and challenges for contributing to industrialization and economic transformation. David Tschirley, Thomas Reardon, Jason Snyder, Claire Ijumba. ReSAKSS Annual Conference. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Sept. 1-3, 2015.
- Agrifood System Transformation in East And Southern Africa: Implications For Tanzania. David Tschirley, Jason Snyder, Claire Ijumba, Thomas Reardon. 1st Agrifood System Transformation Stakeholder Workshop in Tanzania. Dar es Salaam. July 15, 2015.
- Analysis of Agricultural Produce Cess Policy Options for Fiscal Reforms.D. Nyange and D. Tschirley.Dar es Salaam. October, 2014.
- The Rise of an African Consumer Class: Patterns, Opportunities, and Challenges. David Tschirley, Michael Dolislager, Lulama Traub, Ferdi Meyer, Francis Ejobi. IFAMA 2014 Conference Special Session on “The Rise of the African Consumer Class.” Cape Town. June 17, 2014.
Research Reports Top
Press Reports Top
- Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Vol. 5 Iss: 2
- David L Tschirley, Jason Snyder, Michael Dolislager, Thomas Reardon, Steven Haggblade, Joseph Goeb, Lulama Traub, Francis Ejobi, Ferdi Meyer. (2015) Africa's unfolding diet transformation: implications for agrifood system employment. pp. 102 - 136.
- Isaac Minde, Stephanus Terblanche, Bernard Bashaasha, Ignacio Casper Madakadze, Jason Snyder, Anthony Mugisha, (2015) Challenges for agricultural education and training (AET) institutions in preparing growing student populations for productive careers in the agri-food system. pp.137 - 169.
- John B. Kaneene, teven Haggblade, David L Tschirley, (2015) Special issue introduction: Sub-Saharan Africa’s agri-food system in transition. pp.94 - 101.
- John David Kabasa, Johann Kirsten, Isaac Minde. (2015), Implications of changing agri-food system structure for agricultural education and training in Sub-Saharan Africa. pp. 190 - 199.
- Steven Haggblade, Antony Chapoto, Aissetou Drame-Yayé, Sheryl L. Hendriks, Stephen Kabwe, Isaac Minde, Johnny Mugisha, Stephanus Terblanche. (2015), Motivating and preparing African youth for successful careers in agribusiness. pp. 170 - 189.
- The Rise of a Middle Class in East And Southern Africa: Implications For Food System Transformation. David Tschirley, Thomas Reardon, Michael Dolislager and Jason Snyder. Journal of International Development J. Int. Dev. 27, 628–646 (2015).