- A Study of Rural Household Wealth Dynamics in Kenya. Milu Muyanga, T.S. Jayne, William J. Burke. 2012 African Economic Conference. Kigali, Rwanda. October 30–November 2, 2012.
- Emerging Land Constraints in Kenya’s Densely Populated Rural Areas: Implications for food policy and institutional reforms. Milu Muyanga and T.S. Jayne. 28th International Conference of Agricultural Economics. Foz do Iguacu, Brazil. August 18-24, 2012.
- Are Farmers Under-Utilizing Fertilizer? Evidence from Kenya. Megan Sheahan, Roy Black, T.S. Jayne. International Association of Agricultural Economists Triennial Conference. Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, August 2012.
- Smallholder Behavioral Responses to Grain Marketing Board Activities in Dual Channel Marketing Systems: Overcoming Modeling Challenges & Evidence from Zambia & Kenya. Nicole M. Mason, David Mather, and T.S. Jayne. Presentation at the mini-symposium on "The Microeconomic Effects of Grain Marketing Boards on Farm Households in sub-Saharan Africa: Modeling Challenges, Empirical Evidence, and Implications for Research & Policy", International Association of Agricultural Economists Triennial Conference. Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, 22 August 2012
- Cross-Country Impacts of Inputs Subsidies: Insights on Targeting, Crowding-out & Production from Kenya, Malawi and Zambia. J. Ricker-Gilbert, N.M. Mason, D. Mather, T.S. Jayne. Presentation made by Ricker-Gilbert during a mini-symposium entitled "Input Promotion Programs in Africa: What Works, What Doesn’t, and Why?", International Association of Agricultural Economists Triennial Conference. Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil. 20 August 2012.
- The Impact of State Marketing Board Operations on Smallholder Behavior and Incomes: The Case of Kenya. David Mather and T.S. Jayne. Selected paper presented by Mather at the International Association of Agricultural Economists Triennial Conference. Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, 19 August 2012.
- Is Older Better? Maize Hybrid Change on Household Farms in Kenya. Melinda Smale and John Olwande. A Poster presented at the International Association of Agricultural Economists (IAAE) Triennial Conference, Foz do Iguaçu, Brazil, 18-24 August, 2012.
- Addressing the “Wicked Problem” of Input Subsidy Programs in Africa: A Review. Jacob Ricker-Gilbert, Thomas Jayne, and Gerald Shively. AAEA – Seattle, August 14, 2012.
- Emerging Land Issues In African Agriculture: Implications for Food Security and Poverty Reduction Strategies. T.S. Jayne, J. Chamberlin, M. Muyanga. USAID Bureau for Food Security. Washington, D.C. May 31, 2012.
- Unpacking the meaning of “market access”: evidence from Kenya & Zambia. Jordan Chamberlin, Thom Jayne, Antony Chapoto. Increasing Agricultural Productivity & Enhancing Food Security in Africa, UNECA, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. November 1-3, 2011.
- The role of maize price risk in technology adoption: Lessons for policies to promote smallholder productivity. Paswel Marenya, T.S. Jayne and Robert Myers. Presented at the 4th African Grain Trade Summit "Accelerating Growth in Grain Trade: Opportunities for Strategic Partnerships and Investment." Kampala, Uganda. 13th-14th October 2011.
- Emerging Land Constraints in Kenya’s Densely Populated Rural Areas: Implications for Food Policy and Institutional Reform. T.S. Jayne and Milu Muyanga. Presented at the Fifth Annual Michigan State University Africanist Graduate Student Research Conference, October 7-8, 2011
- Unpacking the Meaning of "Market Access" in Kenya. Jordan Chamberlin and T.S. Jayne. Presentation by Chamberlin at MSU's Africanist Graduate Student Research Conference, East Lansing. October 8, 2011.
- Impacts of Land Rental Markets on Rural Poverty in Kenya, Songqing Jin and T.S. Jayne. Paper presented at the Annual Meetings of the American Agricultural Economics Association, Pittsburgh, July 26-28, 2011.
- Tegemeo Institute Agricultural Policy Conference, 27 October 2010, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Pathways into and out of Poverty: Determinants of Rural Household Wealth Dynamics in Kenya. Milu Muyanga, T.S. Jayne, and William J. Burke. Presented at the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundatin, Seattle Washingon. August 10-11, 2010.
- Pathways into and out of Poverty: A Study of Determinants of Rural Household Wealth Dynamics in Kenya. Milu Muyanga, T.S. Jayne, and William J. Burke. Paper presented at the Conference on Understanding African Poverty over the Longue Durée, co-organized by Harvard University, Weatherhead Center for International Affairs and the International Institute for the Advanced Study of Cultures, Institutions and Economic Enterprise, Accra, Ghana, July 15-17, 2010
- Food Price Spikes and Strategic Interactions between the Public and Private Sectors: Market Failures or Policy Failures? T.S. Jayne and David Tschirley. Presented at the expert meeting on “Institutions and Policies to Manage Global Market Risks and Price Spikes in Basic Food Commodities,” FAO Headquarters, Rome, Italy. 27-28 October 2009
- Fertilizer Types, Availability and Consumption in Kenya. Mary K. Mathenge. Paper presented at the 6th National Fertilizer Conference in Kenya, on “Towards Increased Use of Fertilizer and Improved Seed for Food Security and Economic Growth, KARI headquarters, Nairobi, Kenya. August 20-21, 2009.
- Modernizing Africa’s Fresh Produce Supply Chains without Rapid Supermarket Takeover Towards a Definition of Research and Investment Priorities. David Tschirley, Miltone Ayieko, Munguzwe Hichaambwa, Joey Goeb. Wayne Loescher. Presented at the Conference on Agricultural Markets, organized by the CGIAR system and Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), May 13-15, 2009. Nairobi, Kenya.
- Are staple foods becoming more expensive for urban consumers in eastern and southern Africa? N. Mason, T. Jayne, C. Donovan and A. Chapoto. Presentation at the Symposium on Food and Financial Crises and Their Impacts on the MDGs in Africa. Institute for African Development. Cornell University May 2, 2009
- Trends and Patterns in Fertilizer Use by Smallholder Farmers in Kenya, 1997-2007: A Success Story? Betty Kibaara, Joshua Ariga and T.S. Jayne. Presented at the Future Agricultures Consortium Workshop Fertiliser Subsidies: Lessons from Malawi and Kenya Panafric Hotel, Nairobi. 10 February 2009.
- Food Policy Challenges in Eastern and Southern Africa in Light of the Current World Food Price Situation. T. Jayne. Egerton University-Tegemeo Institute Agricultural Policy Conference. Nairobi, Kenya. September 18, 2008.
- Trends and Patterns in Fertilizer Use by
Smallholder Farmers in Kenya,
1997-2007. Joshua Ariga, T.S. Jayne,
Betty Kibaara, and J.K. Nyoro.
Presented at the Egerton University Tegemeo Institute Agricultural Policy
Conference. Nairobi, Kenya.
17 September 2008.
- Assessment of Kenya's domestic horticultural production and marketing system and lessons for the future. David Tschirley, Miltone Ayieko. Presented at the Tegemeo Institute of Agricultural Policy and Development Conference on Agricultural Productivity, Competitiveness and Rural Poverty in Kenya: Laying the Foundation for the Kenya Vision 2030. 17-18 September, 2008 Nairobi, Kenya .
- Fertilizer Subsidies and Sustainable Agricultural Growth in Africa: Current Issues and Empirical Evidence from Malawi, Zambia, and Kenya. Isaac Minde, T.S. Jayne, Joshua Ariga, Jones Govereh, and Eric Crawford. Presentation by Jones Govereh at the IFDC workshop on “Strengthening Trade in Agricultural Inputs in Africa: Issues and Options” Taj Pamodzi Hotel, Lusaka, 1-4 July, 2008.
- Research Findings on Raising Smallholder Fertilizer Use: Lessons from Kenya. T.S. Jayne. Presentation at the USAID/Africa Bureau Seminar on “Expanding Fertilizer Markets in Africa,” Washington, D.C., June 4, 2008.
- Factors Associated with Farm Households’ Movement Into and Out of Poverty in Kenya: Spatial Analysis, Land Constraints and Diversification. William J. Burke, T.S. Jayne, H. AdeFreeman, P. Kristjanson. Presentation made to ODI's workshop titled: Understanding and addressing spatial poverty traps. Cape Town, 29 March 2007
- Food Pricing Policy and Rural
Poverty: Insight from Maize in Kenya. Elliot
Mghenyi, T.S. Jayne and R. Myers. Contributed paper, International Association
of Agricultural Economics Tri-Annual Meetings, Gold Coast, Australia, August
of Marketing and Trade
Policies on Maize Prices
in Kenya. T.S. Jayne, R. Myers, and J. Nyoro. Contributed paper, International
Association of Agricultural Economics Tri-Annual Meetings, Gold Coast, Australia,
August 12-18, 2006.
Affecting Small Farmers’ Use of Improved Maize Technologies:
Evidence from Kenya and Zambia, T.S. Jayne, J. Govereh, Z. Xu, J. Ariga,
and E. Mghenyi. Presented at Symposium on Seed-Fertilizer Technology, Cereal
Productivity and Pro-Poor Growth in Africa: Time for New Thinking? Symposium
held at the International Association of Agricultural Economics Tri-Annual
Meetings, Gold Coast, Australia, August 12-18, 2006.
Options for Achieving Growth and Poverty Reduction: The Role of Markets.
Thom Jayne, with input from colleagues at MSU. Presentation at the Workshop
on "Bridging Knowledge Gaps to Achieve Agricultural
Growth and Reduce Poverty and Hunger in Africa through the Comprehensive
Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP), hosted by the International
Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) in collaboration with the New Partnership
for Africa's Development (NEPAD), June 20-21, Washington, D.C
- Tegemeo Agricultural
Policy Conference, Safari Park Hotel,
Nairobi, May 18, 2006.
- Maize in Eastern and Southern Africa: "Seeds" of Success in Retrospect. T.S.
Jayne and Melinda Smale, presentation at the conference on "Championing
Agricultural Successes for Africa's Future in Support of the Comprehensive
Africa Agricultural Development Programme (CAADP), May 15-18, 2006, Somerset
West, South Africa.
Should Public and Donor Investments be Targeted? T.S. Jayne,
A. Mwanaumo, J. Govereh, B. Zulu, and J. K. Nyoro. Presentation
at 1st Regional Grain Trade Summit. October 12-13, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Consumption Patterns and Supply Chain Systems in Urban Kenya: Implications For Policy and Investment Priorities. Miltone Ayieko, David Tschirley and Mary Mathenge. Nairobi, 18 April 2005.
- Improving Kenya’s Domestic Horticultural Marketing System: Current Competitiveness, Forces of Change, and Challenges for the Future. David Tschirley, Miltone Ayieko, Kavoi Mutuku Muendo and Michael T. Weber. Presented at HDC/Tegemeo Institute Workshop on “Rethinking Kenya’s Horticultural Subsector: Market and Investment Opportunities for Domestic Horticulture.” 17th November 2004. Nairobi.
- Improving Kenya's Domestic Horticultural Production and Marketing System: Current Competitiveness, Forces of Change, and Challenges for the Future . Mutuku Muendo, David Tschirley, and Michael T. Weber. (October 2004, vol 1)
- Improving Kenya’s Domestic Horticultural Production and Marketing System: Current Competitiveness, Forces of Change, and Challenges for the Future. Kavoi Mutuku Muendo, David Tschirley, and Michael T. Weber. Presented at Tegemeo Institute Conference on “Agricultural Competitiveness for Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction”. 24 March 2004. Nairobi.
- Improving Kenya’s Domestic Horticultural Production, Marketing and Consumption Systems: Current Competitiveness, Forces of Change, and Challenges for the Future. David Tschirley, Miltone Ayieko, Kavoi Mutuku Muendo and Michael T. Weber. Presented at the GHA Regional Workshop hosted by the AVRDC Regional Centre for Africa (RCA). 14th - 17th February 2004 Arusha, Tanzania.