Help Topics: Accessing Documents | Publication Series | Searching
- Horticultura em Moçambique Características, Tecnologias de Produção e de Pós-Colheita. Lenita Lima, Haber Carvalho, Carlos Ecole, Walter Bowen Francisco Vilela Resende. Editores técnicos.This book represents the culmination of the efforts of production, post-harvest, and socio-economics components of the Trilateral Project in Mozambique from 2012-2015. The book was released at the closing ceremonies of the Project during a final workshop held in Maputo, November 16-20, 2015.
- Tschirley, David, Thomas Reardon, Michael Dolislager e Jason Snyder. O Surgimento da Classe Média na África Oriental E Austral: Implicações Para a Transformação do Sistema Alimentar. Publicado em Journal of International Development, Vol. 27, #5 (2015).
- A ser publicado em Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Setembro de 2015. A Transformação Emergente da Dieta Alimentar Africana: Implicações para o Emprego no Sistema Agro-Alimentar. Tschirley, D., J. Snyder, M. Dolislager, T. Reardon, S. Haggblade, J. Goeb, L. Traub, F. Ejobi, F. Meyer.
- Silva, J., Matyas, C., Cunguara, B., 2015. Regional Inequality and Polarization in the Context of Concurrent Extreme Weather and Economic Shocks. Applied Geography. (in press)
- Ngare, Lucy, Franklin Simtowe, and Jaquelino Massingue. Analysis of Price Volatility and Implications for Price Stabilization Policies in Mozambique. European Journal of Business and Management. Vol.6, No. 22, 2014.
- Mabiso, A., Cunguara, B., Benfica, R., 2014. Food (In)security and its Drivers: Insights from Trends and Opportunities in Rural Mozambique. Food Security, 6(5):649-670. August 2014.
- Cunguara, Benedito, Gorka Fagilde, James Garrett, Rafael Uaiene and Derek Headey. Growth without Change? A Case Study of Economic Transformation in Mozambique. Journal of African Development. Volume 14, #2. Fall 2012.
- Steven Haggblade, Agnes Andersson Djurfeldt, Drinah Banda Nyirenda, Johanna Bergman Lodin, Leon Brimer, Martin Chiona, Maureen Chitundu, Linley Chiwona-Karltun, Constantino Cuambe, Michael Dolislager, Cynthia Donovan, Klaus Droppelmann, Magnus Jirström, Emma Kambewa, Patrick Kambewa, Nzola Meso Mahungu, Jonathan Mkumbira, João Mudema, Hunter Nielson, Mishek Nyembe, Venâncio Alexandre Salegua, Alda Tomo, Michael Weber, (2012) "Cassava commercialization in Southeastern Africa", Journal of Agribusiness in Developing and Emerging Economies, Vol. 2 Iss: 1, pp.4 – 40.
- Cachomba, Isabel, B. Cunguara, G. Mlay and C. Donovan. 2011. The determinants of animal traction adoption in Mozambique. African Crop Science Conference Proceedings 10, 1-4.
- Benson, Todd, B. Cunguara, and Tewodaj Mogues. 2012. The supply of inorganic fertilizers to smallholder farmers in Mozambique: Evidence for fertilizer policy development. A research report produced by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) with the support of the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA).
- Cunguara, B., J. Hanlon. 2012. Whose wealth is it anyway? Mozambique’s outstanding economic growth with worsening rural poverty. Development and Change. 2012, 43(3).
- Cunguara, B. 2012. An exposition of development failures in Mozambique. Review of African Political Economy. 39(131):161-70.
- Cunguara, B., and I. Darnhofer. 2011. Assessing the impact of improved agricultural technologies on household income in rural Mozambique. Food Policy, 36(3): 378-390.
- Cunguara, B., G. Fagilde, J. Garrett, R. Uaiene, and Derek Heady. 2011. Growth without change: The elusiveness of agricultural and economic transformation in Mozambique. A study commissioned by IFPRI as part of the CAADP initiative in Mozambique.
- Cunguara, B., G. Fagilde, J. Garrett, R. Uaiene, and Derek Heady. 2011. Crescimento sem mudança: A elusividade da transformação agrária e económica em Moçambique. A study commissioned by IFPRI as part of the CAADP initiative in Mozambique.
- Cunguara, B., and J. Garrett. 2011. Análise situacional, constrangimentos e oportunidades para o crescimento agrário em Moçambique. MozSAKSS Working Paper. A study commissioned by IFPRI as part of the CAADP initiative in Mozambique.
- Cunguara, B., A. Langyintuo, and I. Darnhofer. 2011. The role of nonfarm income in coping with the effects of drought in southern Mozambique. Agricultural Economics, 42(6): 701-713.
- Kajisa, K. and E. Payongayong. 2011. Potential of and constraints to the rice Green Revolution in Mozambique: a case study of Chokwe irrigation scheme, Food Policy, 36(5): 614-625.
- Tschirley, David L., Colin Poulton, Nicholas Gergely, Patrick Labaste, John Baffes, Duncan Boughton and Gérald Estur (2010). "Institutional Diversity and Performance in African Cotton Sectors". Development Policy Review, 2010, 28 (3): 295-323
- Tschirley, David and T.S. Jayne. 2010. Exploring the logic behind southern Africa's food crises. World Development, 38(1): 76-87
- Cunguara, B., and K. Moder. 2011. Is agricultural extension helping the poor? Evidence from rural Mozambique. Journal of African Economies, 20(4): 562-595.
- Tschirley, David, Colin Poulton and Patrick Labaste, eds. 2009. "Organization and Performance of Cotton Sectors in Africa: Learning from Reform Experience". Agriculture and Rural Development Research Report. World Bank. Washington, D.C.
- Tschirley, David, Miltone Ayieko, Munguzwe Hichaambwa, Joey Goeb, and Wayne Loescher. 2009. "Modernizing Africa's Fresh Produce Supply Chains without Rapid Supermarket Takeover: Towards a Definition of Research and Investment Priorities". Proceedings of the conference "Towards priority actions for market development for African farmers", International Livestock Research Institute and AGRA, Nairobi. May 15-17, 2009
- Pitoro, Raul, Walker, T., Tschirley, D., Swinton, S., Boughton, D. and de Marrule, H. Can Bt Technology Reduce Poverty Among African Cotton Growers? An Ex Ante
Analysis of the Private and Social Profitability of Bt Cotton Seed in Mozambique. Contributed Paper prepared for presentation at the International Association of
Agricultural Economists´ Conference, Beijing, China, August 16-22, 2009.
- Boughton, Duncan, Mather, D., Barrett. C.B., Benfica, R., Abdula, D., Tschirley, D. and Cunguara, B. Market Participation by Rural Households in a Low-Income Country: An Asset-Based Approach Applied to Mozambique. Faith and Economics Vol 50, Fall 2007: 64-101.
- Mather, David, and Cynthia Donovan. 2007. The Impacts of Prime-age Adult Mortality on Rural Household Income, Assets, and Poverty in Mozambique. Report for World Bank/Mozambique.
- Donovan, Cynthia, and Jaquelino Massingue. 2007. Illness, death, and macronutrients: Adequacy of rural Mozambican household production of macronutrients in the face of HIV/AIDS. Food and Nutrition Bulletin, Vol 28, no. 2, supplement 4: S331-338.
- Benfica, Rui M.S., David Tschirley and Duncan Boughton. 2005. Interlinked Transactions in Cash Cropping Economies: The Determinants of Farmer Participation in the Zambezi River Valley in Mozambique. Accepted as a contributed paper for the 26th International Association of Agricultural Economics Meeting, Brisbane, August 2006.
- Boughton, Duncan, David Mather, David L Tschirley, Thomas Walker, and Ellen Payongayong. 2005. Pro-Poor Rural Economic Growth for Post-Civil War Recovery: Myth or Reality in Mozambique? Accepted as a poster paper for the 26th International Association of Agricultural Economics Meeting, Brisbane, August 2006.
- Walker, Thomas, Duncan Boughton, David Tschirley, Raul Pitoro and Ada Tomo. 2005. Using Rural Household Income Survey Data to Inform Poverty Analysis: An Example from Mozambique. Accepted as a contributed paper for the 26th International Association of Agricultural Economics Meeting, Brisbane, August 2006.
- Jayne, T. S., Marcela Villarreal, Prabhu Pingali and Günter Hemrich. HIV/AIDS
and the Agricultural Sector: Implications for Policy in Eastern and
Southern Africa. Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development
Economics. Vol. 2, No. 2, 2005, pp. 158-181.
- Mather, D., C. Donovan, T.S. Jayne, and M. Weber. 2005. Using
Empirical Information in the Era of HIV/AIDS to Inform Mitigation
and Rural Development Strategies: Selected Results from African Country
Studies. American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 87:5
- Jayne, T.S. T. Yamano, M. Weber, D. Tschirley, R. Benfica, A. Chapoto,
and B. Zulu. 2003. Smallholder Income and Land Distribution in Africa:
Implications for Poverty Reduction Strategies. Food Policy,
Vol. 28(3): 253-275. Science
- Tschirley, D., R. Benfica, 2001. Smallholder Agriculture, Wage Labor
and Rural Poverty Alleviation in Land-Abundant Areas of Africa: Evidence
From Mozambique. The Journal of Modern African Studies, Vol.
- Jayne, T.S., L. Rubey, F. Lupi, D. Tschirley, M. Weber, 1996. Estimating
Consumer Response to Food Market Reform Using Stated Preference Data:
Evidence from Eastern and Southern Africa. American Journal of
Agricultural Economics, Vol. 78:3 (820-824).