Food Security Group: Research, Policy Dialogue, and Training Projects
Outreach Contributions 2016/2017: (Activities listed as most recent from Sept 30, 2017 back to Oct 1, 2016)
- Maize, fertilizer and sustainable agricultural intensification. Thomas Jayne. Sustainable Agricultural Intensification Workshop Hosted by Global Change and Earth Observation. Kellogg Center. Michigan State University East Lansing, Michigan. December 14-15, 2016.
- John Staatz, Frank Hollinger. West African Food Systems and Changing Consumer Demands. West African Papers, No.: 4. 15 Dec 2016.
- Rural-Urban Migration Around Yangon City, Myanmar. Kyan Htoo and A Myint Zu. Research Highlights #5. December 2016.
- Agricultural Input Subsidy Programs in Africa: A Review of Recent Evidence. T.S. Jayne and Nicole Mason. Agricultural Input Distribution and Subsidy Program Conference. Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa. Nairobi, Kenya.1 December 2016.
- T.S. Jayne, Jordan Chamberlin, Lulama Traub, Nicholas Sitko, Milu Muyanga, Felix K. Yeboah, Ward Anseeuw, Antony Chapoto, Ayala Wineman, Chewe Nkonde and Richard Kachule. Africa's changing farm size distribution patterns: the rise of medium-scale farms. Agricultural Economics Volume 47, Issue S1, pages 197–214, November 2016.
- Rise of Medium-Scale Farms in Africa. T.S. Jayne, Jordan Chamberlin, Milu Muyanga, Nicholas Sitko, Felix K. Yeboah, LulamaTraub, Chewe Nkonde, Ward Anseeuw, Ayala Wineman. 3rdAnnual Stakeholders Conference, ReNAPRI, Nairobi, Kenya, 10 November 2016.
- Rise of Medium-Scale Farms in Africa. T.S. Jayne, Jordan Chamberlin, Milu Muyanga, Nicholas Sitko, Felix K. Yeboah, LulamaTraub, Chewe Nkonde, Ward Anseeuw, Ayala Wineman.
Seminar at Dept. Agricultural Economics, University of Nairobi, 7 November 2016.
- Agri-Food Systems and Youth Livelihoods in Sub-Saharan Africa. Thom Jayne, John Holtzman, F. Kwame Yeboah, Jock Anderson and James Oehmke. Seminar at USAID/BFS. Washington, DC. November 3, 2016.
- Africa's evolving employment structure: Trends and drivers of change. F. Kwame Yeboah and Thomas S. Jayne. Eye on Africa Seminar Series, African Studies Center, MSU. East Lansing, MI. October 20, 2016.
- Africa's Evolving Employment Structure. F. Kwame Yeboah and T.S. Jayne. International Development Working Paper 148. October 2016.
- Understanding Fertilizer Effectiveness and Adoption on Maize in Zambia. William J. Burke, Emmanuel Frossard, Stephen Kabwe, and Thomas S. Jayne. International Development Working Paper 147. October 2016.
Questions, comments? Contact Us