Zambia Food Security Surveys
(Note: Most documents are in PDF format, which requires Adobe Reader.)
- 2010 – Household Questionnaire
- 2006 – Household Questionnaire
- 2004 – Main Questionnaire
- 2002 - Main Questionnaire, Part I, Main Questionnaire, Part II
- 1998 - Main Questionnaire
- 1996 - Household Questionnaire, Individual Questionnaire, Child Questionnaire
To facilitate access to CSO publications, we are presenting here downloadable executive summaries of selected CSO publications. Complete copies of these documents are available from: Central Statistical Office, Research and Dissemination, P.O. Box 31908, Lusaka. Tel 250699 Fax 252575.
- 1997/98 Agricultural and Pastoral Production for Small and Medium Scale Holdings. Structural Type and Post-Harvest Data.
- 1996/97 Agricultural and Pastoral Production for Small and Medium Scale Holdings. Structural Type and Post-Harvest Data.
- 2012 Rural Agricultural Livelihoods Survey (RALS)
- FSRP/CSO Urban Consumption Survey (2 rounds)
- FSRP/CSO Urban Food Consumption Survey, February 2008, Second Round.
- FSRP/CSO Urban Food Consumption Survey, August 2007, First Round.
- Supplemental surveys to the 1999/2000 PHS (post harvest survey) for small and medium scale holdings
- Methodology for Two Weighting Applications for the 2008 Zambia Supplemental Survey. David J. Megill. Working Paper No. 37. April 2009.
- Overview - 2008 CSO/MACO/FSRP 3rd Supplemental Rural Survey
- Third Supplemental Survey to the 1999/2000 Post Harvest Survey (Small and Medium Scale Holdings)
- SEA Household Listing Form
- SEA Household Listing Workbook for Northern and Southern Listing Team Helper
- SEA Household Listing Form. Listing Book and Listing Workbook Instructions
- Sampling Particulars Work Sheets
- Enumerator Manual for the third supplemental survey to the 1999/2000 PHS (2008)
- Enumerator Manual for the community leader/headman survey (2008)
- Complex Survey Design & Other Challenges: Zambian Agricultural Surveys. Cynthia Donovan. Presentation to the Graduate-level Statistics Course STT 825: Sample Surveys. November 28, 2007. Wells Hall, Michigan State University.
- CSO/FSRP Zambia 2007/2008 Urban Food Consumption/Expenditure Survey: Summary of Organization, Objectives and Key Concepts
- Enumerator Manual for the first supplemental survey to the 1999/2000 PHS (2001)
- Enumerator Manual for the second supplemental survey to the 1999/2000 PHS (2004)
- Recommendations for Adjusting Weights for Zambia Post Harvest Survey Data Series and Improving Estimation Methodology for Future Surveys. David J. Megill. Working Paper 13. March 2005.
All prior rounds of the MSU/FSRP/CSO Supplemental Panel Surveys to the 1999/00 Post Harvest Survey (2001, 2004, and 2008) are available upon request; please contact T.S. Jayne, Co-Principal Investigator, Zambia Food Security Research Project, email@example.com. The Rural, Agriculture, and Livelihoods 2012 Survey (RALS12) will be publicly available starting August 1, 2015.
The Crop Forecast Survey and the Post Harvest Surveys are the intellectual property of the Central Statistical Office. CSO requests that enquires about access to these data sets be directed to: http://www.zamstats.gov.zm/ .